MONTHLY MEETING MINUTES – April 5, 2017 VERNON
AFFILIATES PRESENT: Ron Bobowski Secretary Treasurer CUPW, Cheryl Stone Recording Secretary UFCW 1518,
Karen Abramsen Sergeant at Arms UFCW 1518, Louise Gibson Trustee Move Up, Ian Gordon, CUPE 3523, Ronn Dunn CUPE 3523, Helen Repole BGEU, Runjit Saran BCGEU, Karen Abramsen UFCW 1518, Barry Dorval VTA, Gray Boisvert CUPE 5523 Trevor Bredin IAFF 4457, Sandy Klein VTA
OBLIGATIONS OF NEW DELEGATES:
REGRETS: Susan Bauhart COTA, Ken Robinson, HEU, Wynn Hartfelder Northern Delegate BCGEU, Carmen Belanger HEU GUESTS: Ron Stipp, CLC Rep, Tracy Mundy, Kathy Morgan
BCFORUM Delegates: Trustee Greg McGowan, Doug Gibson
CALL TO ORDER: The meeting was called to order by Nikki Inouye NOLC President HEU Vernon at 7:00 pm
ADOPTION OF AGENDA: M/S/C
GUEST SPEAKERS: Barry Dorval, VTA, Candidate Vernon Monashee NDP
ADOPTION OF PREVIOUS MINUTES: M/S/C
CREDENTIALS REPORT: 18 Present with 13 Delegates, 3 Guests, and 2 BCFORUM delegate
FINANCIAL REPORT: given by Ron Bobowski Secretary Treasurer. Financial summary was given.
M/S/C EXECUTIVE BOARD REPORT / ACTION CORRESPONDENCE:
REPORTS OF LOCAL UNIONS – STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS – CLC REPORT:
- a) Reports of Local Unions: none
- b) Standing Committee Reports:
- Day of Mourning – Friday, April 28 2017 - Karen Abramsen reported that the posters will be ready soon and will be emailed to everyone soon. We will be at Ben Lee Park in Kelowna at noon sharp featuring two speakers. A motion was made to pay for all expenses. M/S/C
- Labour Day 2017 – September 4, 2017 Mission Creek Park Kelowna, open at noon to 4:00 pm. BBQ and fun events for children. A report will be made at the May 3, 2017 meeting.
- NOLC 2017 Annual Draw – NOLC made a decision to hold a draw for a bursary rather than hold a camp draw. We are still in the process of organizing this and will discuss it further at the May 3, 2017 meeting.
- Bill C-27
- National Pharmacare Program
- Pay Equity
- National Childcare Program
NEW BUSINESS: none
FINAL CREDENTIALS REPORT: 18 Present with 13 Delegates, 3 Guests, 2 BCFORUM delegate(s)
GOOD & WELFARE:
ADJOURNMENT: The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm by Nikki Inouye President HEU Vernon
Minutes respectfully submitted by Cheryl Stone Recording Secretary UFCW 1518.
Wednesday, May 3, 2017 7:00 pm
1064 Borden Avenue, Kelowna